Friday, August 03, 2007

Always On My Mind

I haven't written many posts this week because I was afraid that they'd all sound a little redundant. Going back to work on Monday is the only thing on my mind. Anytime that change is looming I get this feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach. Change is bad enough, but when it involves leaving Evan it becomes catastrophic. Ok, so that might be a tad over exaggerated, but you get the idea.

I'm also a little nervous about going to a new school. Each school has it's own culture and they can often be very cliquey. I've worked in schools for six years now, but I've always had a partner. This year I'll be flying solo and will need to mingle and make friends...that intimidates me.

When I came back from maternity leave, I had Hope and Kelly to talk to about how I was feeling. This time I'll be leaving Evan, but when I get there, no one will care...that's hard. Gosh, I miss him already...I hope he knows how much I love him, even if it's just because I give him unlimited cheerios (that's what's happening in the picture.) :-)

Be praying for me. Next week is a full week because of training, but after that I'll be working Tuesdays-Thursdays. I know that once routine sets in I'll be fine, but still...

4 comments:

Lauren Stahl said...

We'll miss you on Monday, but are glad it isn't permanent! And don't worry Evan knows you love him, I hope you make the transition smoothly!

Anonymous said...

i know you will do fine, & remember, it's just 3 days!

Kelly said...

You will do great! I bet once you meet some people there will be others in your situation that will be supportive. You'll love the part time schedule! Good luck!

Pam said...

You are a great mom and it wouldn't be normal if you didn't feel the way you do. I will be thinking of you. Just know you are terrific.
Love ya!