Monday, August 13, 2007

Happy Madden Day!

To my husband and any other Madden fans out there that frequent our blog - Merry Madden 08 Day! It's that time of year again...the training camps are ending, last year's Madden has been traded in for credit, pre-season games are underwhelming us, sports radio is being dialed back in, and draft picks are being stressed over...Football season is approaching! Between his fantasy league, Madden, and the actual games themselves, I capture a little less of Jeff's attention during these months. But that's ok. I love how excited and intense he gets about his team, and I love watching him watch the games (more so when we're winning.) I'll listen to Mike & Mike, Jim Rome, and watch lots of PTI so I can attempt to have intelligent conversations with him. I don't mind it. I've actually come to enjoy it. I'll never be as big a fan as he is or know as much about the game, but I like sharing this time with my husband because I know how much it all means to him. You know what they say, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ladies and gentlemen of VerWaynia, I give you the coolest wife of all time. We'll see how much of this really stands up when the k-balls start flying and the hitting gets fierce.

Anonymous said...

Jeff, if you want to join Travis' league, let us know. they're holding a party for it this sat. night at our house. Food, football, guitar hero, and football drafts.

i think i'm the coolest wife, but that's ok, we'll let jeanelle think she is :)