Saturday, November 17, 2007

How I've Missed You

Our household is finally back online. Last night we went to the Apple Store and Best Buy to replace what was stolen. It's nice to get upgraded stuff, but changing over all of our accounts and credit cards has been a real hassle. Apple does this really cool thing now where it periodically backs up all the info on your computer. After this experience, we definitely registered for this service. I hate that I lost so many pictures of Evan. If we'd had that service, those would have been retrievable with or without the computer. Plus, it would have been nice to know exactly what the burglar got a hold of. We have a pretty good idea what was on our computer, but we've been on the liberal side with cancellations because we can't remember everything. Not that Macs ever break, (right, Jeff?) but this way we'll never lose anything major again. I haven't actually gone back to see what pics we lost. Luckily, I haven't taken as many pictures of Evan in the last few months. So, hopefully with having our blog pictures the loss will be manageable.

I have felt so lost the past couple days not having a computer at home. I haven't had access to the blog since the robbery because it's filtered at work - Jeff had to post my last entry. Friday while I was home and we were in the middle of all the house stuff (which I'm getting to), I couldn't check my email and it drove me crazy! It's amazing how much you come to rely on your computer.

Regarding the house, we didn't get it. They didn't want to come down enough for us to feel comfortable with the price. This is a buyers' market and we're not going to buy unless we feel like we're getting a good deal. This house wasn't our dream home, so we weren't willing to budge on price. That's ok, though. I think we may have been looking at the house as our ticket out of this apartment and would have felt later like we settled. We're going to keep looking until we find the right fit and in the meantime pray that God protects our family and the rest of our belongings!

I feel like I have a lot of blogging ground to cover so I'll be posting a second entry today. I wasn't able to write Evan's birthday letter, like I had wanted, so I'll do that today. I'm excited to try out the new camera. The memory card is crazy fast and the camera is able to take more kinds of pictures without using the flash. It even has a setting for kids, with super fast shutter speed. Hopefully this will mean better and more pictures for the blog.

No comments: