Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Units of Time

I was watching About a Boy the other day and Hugh Grant's character does a monologue about how he divides his day into units of time to feel more productive. Yesterday I was thinking about what it means to be productive as a mom and I realized that sometimes I divide my days that way as well.

Yesterday was one of those very productive days that I rarely have. Evan and I were ready and out of the house by 9:00 to finish our Christmas shopping. We hit three stores and were home from Keystone by lunch. After his nap, we went to 2 more stores close by and when we got back Evan was cooperative enough that I was able to finish all of my gift wrapping.

I even fit in a girls' night! When Jeff came home, my friend, Debbie, and I went to see a chick flick and grab dessert! It was a great day and Evan was very agreeable and cute for most of it so that helped.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, sounds like a great, productive day! I'm so jealous you have all of your wrapping done!

Lauren Stahl said...

Isn't it wonderful when things fall into place, you feel so good at the end of the day!

morgan said...

about a boy is one of my favorite movies believe it or not. you should read the book, Nick Hornby (author) is my favorite author.

Anonymous said...

That is so weird I saw that movie not too long ago and I loved it.