Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Self-Care

This week I've been scheduling all kinds of doctor, dentist, and hair appointments for myself that I've neglected for too long. I can't even remember the last time I got my hair trimmed, and don't get me started on my eyebrows! I have really long hair, but not necessarily because I mean to - that's just what happens when you don't go to your stylist for nine months. How is it as moms, we can keep track of everyone else's appointments but we always overlook our own? Granted the last few months have been especially busy for us, but still...And it's not like I don't mean to schedule those things, something just always comes up that needs more attention. I hope my negligence doesn't bite me when I go to the dentist, the last time I skipped a cleaning, I got my first cavity ever!

3 comments:

morgan said...

i didn't realize you had any cavities yet! or maybe i forgot....

Lauren Stahl said...

I am in the same boat. Need to go to the dentist and get my hair trimmed...I just put the girl's needs before my own, I think that is just natural as a parent. I hope you don't have any cavities!

Kelly said...

Same here too! I haven't had my haircut since I had Lucas. Making a hair and dentist appt has been on my list for awhile, so maybe you've motivated me to actually make the call!