Sunday, March 23, 2008

We've all overdosed on sugar



I think I'll be detoxing from sugar for at least the next month, which is also how long it will take to make my way through all the candy I bought for my basket. Yes, I still have an Easter basket and yes, I buy my own candy - I take Easter candy very seriously and could never trust Jeff to fill my basket - he might miss one of my 18 favorites!

Even though our neighborhood egg hunt (that I helped organize) got rained out, it was a great Easter weekend. My mom rose to the occassion, by staging two hunts today - one for Evan, and one for rest of us, because why should he get to have all the fun? Mom has been known to fill a few eggs with cash, so things did get a little competitive, but what Easter egg hunt is complete without a few stiff arms? I think I'll keep Easter alive for a few more weeks - we've turned hiding and hunting for eggs into a great inside game.

After the hunt, we took a walk down the creek behind my mom's house. They live on a hundred acres of land and it was so pretty today. We even saw a few deer before the afternoon was over. I kept thinking about all the fun he's going to have "staying at Grandma's." I'm sure he's going to be quite the little explorer...whadup Diego!

Of course, I took a gazillion pictures, which turned out to be a good thing because Jeff recorded the whole experience without ever actually pushing record. Evan had lots of family around to dote on him - which he loves - and you'll see some of them in these pictures. The rest are nature shots that were too good to pass up.

Happy Easter - we hope your baskets were filled with guilty pleasures and your homes filled with loved ones!

2 comments:

morgan said...

it was a great afternoon! i'm so glad we did the creek walk!

Kelly said...

Great pictures! Looks like a fun day!