1) This will be the first year since High School that I've attended school or gone to work on my birthday. In college and grad school, I skipped classes that day and I've always taken my birthday off at work. But, because I work part-time, I don't have any PTO. I love my birthday but I don't know if playing hookie is worth the money it would cost to stay home without pay.
2) I love coffee. I don't drink it because I need it - I detoxed myself off caffeine several years ago, but I love the taste. I like it fancy style - mocha'd and latte'd, but I also like it black. There's not much better than a strong well-brewed cup of black coffee and a rich chocolate dessert...mmm!
3) On a similar note, I used to have a serious addiction to Mountain Dew - I was up to about 5 cans per day. I was crazy for the Dew. I still get a little chill when I hear a can being popped open...I'm salivating just thinking about it!
4) I CANNOT watch scary movies, or even suspenseful movies really, especially not in the theater. I've been known to get up and hide in the back of the theater during tense moments - it drives my husband crazy! At home, I just hang out in the bathroom and peek around the door until the scary part is over.
5) I have a bachelors and masters degree in Social Work and when I was in school I wanted to change the world. I wanted to advocate for every at-risk population and work my tail off to better humanity. I've mellowed considerably since then. I'm not sure school prepares you very well for how much the job breaks your will.
6) I don't wear perfume, but I've always been envious of ladies who have their own "scent" and always smell nice, so I picked out a fragrance and put it on my birthday wishlist.
7) I'm a huge procrastinator, which is why I'm writing this right now instead of all the other things I should be doing.
Ok, I'm tagging Morgan...make it good.