Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Stupid Asthma

Evan's been having breathing problems again. As usual it started out with a little cold. The crazy thing? It's always the mildest of colds that result in the worst asthma.

We had him up twice last night for breathing treatments and this morning he was still really struggling. Luckily it was a weekday, so we went to see his pediatrician instead of going to the ER, because that's definitely where this one was headed. It's been almost a year since his last Asthma-related ER trip, and I didn't want to break the streak!

As suspected, we have to do a week's worth of steroids, and up his treatments. The steroid/albuterol combo is brutal. As if Evan isn't hyper enough already! But it definitely beats an ER visit.

I swear that Evan has impeccable timing. What a way to wind out my summer vacation? Taking care of a toddler with roid rage! I can't believe that summer is almost over. Two more weeks. Then it's back to the three days per week grind! Seriously though, I'll miss our summer. I think this has been the best one yet!

No comments: