It's true. We're pregnant! I tell you what, it's incredibly difficult to blog when you're not able to write about the biggest thing going on in your life. Between that and my incessant need for naps, blogging has been sparse. But, I'm back! Well, until my next nap anyway.
So, what would you like to know? Since, I've been so rudely keeping this from all of you, I'll try to cover the basics...
- I'm about 10 weeks along.
- Our due date is May 30th.
- The timing couldn't have been more perfect for my work schedule.
- My hope is to be on maternity leave until October.
- Yes, we'll be finding out the sex.
- No, we don't have a gender preference. Although, we both have same sex siblings and love it, so I could definitely see the benefits of having 2 boys.
- Evan and the new baby will be 3 1/2 years apart. Both Jeff and I have siblings 3 1/2 years younger than us. Isn't it funny how we create family patterns?
- How am I feeling? Yucky! Always yucky! It's been different this time around though. With Evan, I had a week-long stretch of serious nausea. This time it hasn't been as intense, but it's all the time. I always have a sour stomach, and if I eat too much at once, I DO NOT recover.
- Evan doesn't know yet, and we're still not really sure when we'll tell him.
- I'm still exercising. Well, when I'm not sleeping or feeling crappy.
- I'm not showing yet, but depending on the time of day and what I've eaten, you may disagree with me.
- This will be my last pregnancy (Lord willing,) and I'm really trying not to wish it away. Some days that's harder than others!
- Evan is going to be the best big brother. He is such a loving and attentive child. He might single-handedly spoil this baby.
The second time around is definitely different. Once the initial, "wow, this is really happening" phase wore off, life went back to normal. Besides the constant yuckiness, I could almost even forget that I'm pregnant. But, I have 7 more months for reality to set in, and 7 more months to enjoy Evan as my only child!