Sunday, November 15, 2009

He's Three!

Today my baby son turned three. Actually, to be fair, he won't be 3 until just shy of midnight! I'm excited about three. I know we're not quite through with tantrums, but he's definitely getting more mature by the day. He's also starting to understand the concept of playing games, which I'm much better at than pretend play. He's still strong-willed, easily frustrated, and has more energy than any of us know what to do with. But, he's a ton of fun, super-sweet, very smart, and let's not forget - potty trained!

His party was a big success. Everyone humored us by wearing pirate garb and they each led their games like party pros. Evan had a blast! All the party planning was time well spent. Well, except for the serious miscalculation of how much food we needed - we'll be eating pirate leftovers for the next month! Evan and Zane made great pirates. They dug for gold coins...

Walked the plank...

Stuck the treasure on the map...

And tossed coins into the pirate hat, among a few other things.

He got a ton of stuff as usual, and it was all really cool. Jeff and I got him a three-wheeled scooter. But, after watching him on it today, I realized we need to get him a helmet too. I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time before he takes a header into the concrete!


It was a lot of fun, and we've been spending today having quality-birthday-family-time and playing with all of his new toys. I'm pretty sure Evan has had a great birthday weekend. I know we did! Happy Birthday, Evan!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What a fun party! Happy Birthday Evan!!

Alison said...

What a great party! Oh, and not to be a downer, but the tantrums are definitely NOT over! They just get less and less frequent. :-) We've started potty training with Barrett and I am feeling your pain! I'm not even really encouraging him, he just wants to-sometimes. I'm hoping to remain patient and just kinda let him take the lead. Oh, and try not to get peed on! That could be the toughest part! YUCK!