Friday, April 30, 2010

36 weeks


Today was, I guess, my 35 week appointment. On Sunday, I'll be 36 weeks, and I go back to the doctor next week too, so I'm a little off schedule, but she's the boss! I'm about 1 centimeter dilated and 70% effaced, so there's not much on that front to report. I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions for the last month or so, usually a few per day, but they're pretty mild. Aida is head down and seems to be ready to go, I know I am! I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore! If we hadn't already decided that two was our limit, we'd definitely be decided now.

Last weekend was our final Grandma weekend. We went out to eat, went to the movies, and did a lot of relaxing. But, we also bought all of the last minute things needed to bring baby home. Our nursery is stocked with diaper cream, wipes, diapers, first aid necessities, and everything else she might need. All that's left to do is pack our bags and install her car seat.

Speaking of her nursery, where are those pictures anyway?! Yeah, I still haven't taken them. This weekend we're going to finish up a few craft type projects for her room, and once those are done, I plan to take pictures. In the meantime, Elliott (our cat) and I are locked in a vicious territorial dispute over the nusery. A while back I noticed that she was sleeping on the rocker, so I put the boppy there and now she leaves it alone. But, last week I realized that she's also been sleeping in the crib. I wouldn't care so much where she sleeps, except that she leaves behind a bed of cat hair. Gross! Cat hair in our crib is unacceptable! I thought maybe she was using things to jump from, so I moved everything away from the crib. It didn't help. I'm positive that once there's a baby in there, Elliott will want nothing to do with the crib. I don't think she ever bothered Evan's, but until then, all I can do is close the door, and that annoys me.

Today is the one month mark and the beginning of the end. So, now we wait! I'm hoping May goes fast. I only have 4 more weeks left of work, and then I'll have a few days off before my due date. We have a few things on the calendar for May: Mother's Day, Jeff's birthday, and our last date night before Aida arrives. But otherwise, we've kept the month clear so we can make the most of every weekend with Evan!

No comments: