Thursday, February 14, 2013

I Choo-Choose You…

When Jeanelle started this blog many, many moons ago, I was somewhat involved but not that much. We would post together periodically as we eagerly awaited the arrival of our firstborn son, Evan, but overall, the blog was a place that Jeanelle made her own in every way.

Most of the posts here serve as a document of our family life and a way for friends and family to keep up with all the latest, but I wanted to take the time this Valentine's Day to come back and let my beautiful wife know how important she is to me and how so very much of my life revolves around the blessing she's brought into it.

I am a curmudgeon. Ask anyone. There are days when I feel like I sold my wife a lemon when it comes to my personality and the man she thought she married and the man she now shares life with on a daily basis. I'm grouchy, impatient, easily angered, and difficult. Jeanelle is anything but. My wife has joy and laughter and humor to give everyday. Even when things aren't the best, she has the silver lining. Whenever things are overwhelming, she brings perspective. Whenever I want to feel sorry for myself and complain (which is more often than I care to admit), she doesn't coddle me--she encourages and gives things to me straight. And she's always right. Mostly. :)

Jeanelle is an incredible mother. She spearheads every program and activity, play dates, and much more. She is always aware of the school schedule and takes the time to document everything having to do with our children, showering them with love, but also a firm hand when they need it. Our son and daughter simply love their mother. From snuggling with Aida to making sure Evan has a partner to play video games with, Jeanelle is always there. Always.

My wife is also a caretaker of tradition and family. She is constantly making sure that our family is taking part in the traditions her mother passed down to her and always mindful of big family get-togethers and what that means to the kids and us.

Did I also mention she's an excellent cook?

Every week there are at least 3 new dishes Jeanelle conjures up. She's always on the lookout for new recipes and things she can share with the family, and it's all DELICIOUS. People I work with are always intrigued when I bring in some new leftover item asking me what it is and how it was made--I've had multiple requests for Jeanelle to become the in-office cook.

What else can I say? There's definitely more, but I've already gone long here. All this to say, that I love you Jeanelle. I know I say it a lot, but actions speak louder than words. I hope that by flying my heart flag out here in blogland for everyone to see you would know just how much. A long time ago, I can remember praying that God would bring me someone that truly loved me and that I could love back with all my heart. I made so many wrong decisions, but every single day I wake up, I see how richly God has blessed me. You and the kids are the jewels in my crown.

Happy Valentine's Day. I love you.

--Jeff

No comments: