Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Our Bags Are Packed

Jeanelle: Things have been very busy here as we prepare for Evan's arrival. I've started going to the doctor weekly now and last week I was already dialated 2 centimeters and 80% effaced. I was definitely a little nervous when she told us that. I've been preparing myself to go past my due date, so the idea of having our baby at week 37 made me realize we needed to wrap up any of our loose ends.

Jeff: For the record, I've been telling anyone that will listen that I think Evan will come earlier rather than later. I for one can't wait to see him, it's like waiting for Christmas morning - except with lots of bodily fluids and uncomfortable pain for Jeanelle. Did I forget to mention the pain?

Jeanelle: Yes, I am preparing myself for the pain. Still planning on trying this natural style. I was actually a little relieved in that way when I heard that I'd already made progress because I guess that's 2 centimeters I don't have to suffer through during labor!

Jeff:
It's hard to think about doing anything right now. Can't concentrate on work or anything else for that matter. I just want Jeanelle and Evan to be safe and I want to be confident enough that I'll be useful when she's in labor. Last night, Jeanelle woke up late saying she had cramps, and I freaked out - it's a good thing she just had indegestion - but part of me was excited that we might be going to the hospital.

Jeanelle: I agree with not being able to concentrate - I'm still working, but it's getting more and more difficult to motivate myself to get there at a reasonable hour. I've recently become uncomfortable and to my disappointment have also developed the pregnant walk - but what do you expect, my hips hurt every time I put a foot down! Luckily, I can still say that I have not gotten stretch marks - I pray daily that I can last out the next two and a half weeks without that happening and in the meantime I cake on the cocoa butter. We have no super interesting pictures for this entry and didn't even get around to taking my 37 week picture, but we did finish the nursery (minus Jeff's paintings) and I've included a picture of our bedding.



Jeff:
And on that strange body lubricating note we bid you goodnight and good luck.

No comments: