Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I'd like an easy button...

...for staying in shape! I've decided that I don't like exercising anymore, which stinks becuase I used to enjoy my visits to the gym. I had a good routine down - cardio, abs, weights - and I was able to take my time. I went to the gym before going home from work and I'd still be home and showered before Jeff got home. But now, if I went after work I'd be sacrificing time with Evan and I'm away from him enough as it is. So, that leaves getting up early, as if I don't get up early enough already. 5:30 comes sooo early, especially when it's to exercise. I actually don't mind the run itself, once I'm out there I kind of enjoy it - but getting out of bed is so painful! I miss my afternoons! For all of you moms out there - can you imagine what it would have been like if Eve hadn't taken that apple? We would have perfect bodies no matter how many children we had...Oh well, back to reality and back to my running shoes...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Jeff... I am trying to get a hold of you this way... I have asked Kristy (Awald) a million times for your e-mail, but we don't have it... anyways, it's Erin from Herron! Yikes, that sounds crazy! I just wanted to tell you that Evan is absolutely adorable!!! He is getting so big... I check your blog every so often... heard the news when you had him, but no way to reach you. Anyways... please e-mail me so I don't have to post my ramblings on your blog! (eringoodwin@sbcglobal.net)
:-)

Anonymous said...

keep up the running jeanelle, you will be glad you did..it will be easier in the summer! As an avid/addicted runner of course i'm telling you to keep it up, i don't know how i'd be w/o it (sometimes even twice a day)....but i don't have to get up quite that early, more like 7:30. :) :(

Travis said...

I think I need to step forward here and say that excessive running is a disease. It currently controls my wife's life. It's tearing apart her shoes and worst of all, she thinks I should run with her. Please Jeanelle, if you have any love for your brother in law, fight Morgan's oppressive behavior towards you and running. If you fall to her sword, I'm surely next.

Lauren Stahl said...

Maybe you should get a jogging stroller so you can still run in the afternoon, and be with Evan at the same time! We have one, but haven't tried it out yet cause I hurt my knee and just walk at the moment, but it would be a great way to do both!

Maya said...

In the same position as you! I did really good for two weeks and this week I've just been too tired to get up at 5 am to work out! I was cursing Eve a lot during pregnancy! :)