Saturday, May 19, 2007

Thoughts and Updates


This is a picture of Evan taking his morning nap. He fell asleep in Jeff's arms and when we put him in his crib, he rolled over to this position. It just struck me as such a grown-up way to sleep. This joins one of the many moments I've had lately where I look at him and think about how he won't be a baby much longer. He's doing so many new things. We felt his first tooth coming in yesterday and he's really thinking about crawling. Thursday I came home to find him rocking on all fours - how did that happen, he wasn't doing that when I left? He's already sliding backwards - it's only a matter of time now until we're chasing him and babyproofing the condo. I had a dream last week that he started crawling and in the dream I was so excited to see him accomplish that, but also very sad because for some reason that signified the end of him being my baby. These feelings are probably symptoms of my ever present dislike of change. But then I think about how Evan and I are actually changing together and how each stage he goes through will only give me more reasons to love him.

In a mostly unrelated update - we've had two more showings of the condo this weekend and one sounded interested...we'll see...

2 comments:

Lauren Stahl said...

Too cute, the girls sleep like this, makes you just want to pick them up and snuggle! When and where does that new mom's group meet...I think I would like to attend!

Maya said...

He looks so much like a lil man sleeping like this! So cute!