Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wow he's heavy...

I took Evan for his 6 mos check up today. I had to schedule it for 9:45 which is nap time, so I put him down for his nap in his carseat before we left hoping that would help him get a morning nap. I decided when we got to the doctor's office that I would let him keep sleeping by taking him in in his caseat - I think I got a hernia carrying him in and out of there! You can't park close to the door and that's a long way to walk carrying 20+ lbs. That's right, he weighed 20 lbs 8 oz today and is 27 1/2 inches long. Even if I did like the idea of carrying him around in his carseat longer, he's almost above the weight/height limit. This weekend we're going to buy him a convertible carseat which he'll be able to sit up much easier in. We will definitely miss the convenience of the infant carseat or as I like to call it, "the portable nap." We'll have to start planning more around his naps, but such is life, right - we're parents now...I can't believe it was half a year ago that we had Evan. In some ways it seems like just yesterday and in others it feels like a lifetime ago!

1 comment:

Lauren Stahl said...

Wow! I cannot believe how big he has gotten. Maddie is barely 17lbs and Natalie is 15. They are only in the 50% for weight, but hey they were preemies, so we will take it and they are healthy! Hopefully someday we can get together for a play date, we are living in Speedway at the moment :-)