Thursday, June 07, 2007

Praise Jesus!!!

I'm writing this post during my one moment of peace all day. Today has just been one of those days and I've been pretty frustrated. I really look forward to Evan's naps - he takes two for a total of 3 hours which makes for really good "me" time, even if that just means taking a long shower and getting dinner prep'd. However, today both times I put him down for his naps he woke up crying after maybe half an hour and would not go back to sleep. He just cried and cried, but once I picked him up he was Mr. Happy. He hasn't really been fussy otherwise, I guess he didn't need those naps today - but I did! We finally went to Target and on the way home he fell asleep - I made a successful transfer from car to crib and now he's sleeping peacefully. To top it off, our AC has been acting funny, so it's been hotter than normal in here! We let him stay up much later than usu last night and I think that might be the problem. He probably didn't go to sleep until after 9:00 but still woke up today at 7:00 as usual. See...this is why I'm so big on routine - it's not just my imagination! Anyway, I'm not going to spend any more of my one moment blogging...

edited to add - fifteen minutes later he woke up crying - picked him up and now he's happy - what is going on?!?!?!

3 comments:

Lauren Stahl said...

HaHa! I totally can relate...sometimes you gotta let them cry just so you can take a shower! Like you said to Maya, this too shall pass!

Anonymous said...

sorry it was a tough day for you both. i think he just misses his aunt morgan, yep, that's the problem :) i can't say what i think he's telling you in this picture!

Maya said...

Too funny...we have this same outfit for Zane!