Monday, June 04, 2007

This Time Will Be Different

Today is the first day of my summer. I hope to be a lot more productive this time around. When I was home for maternity leave I didn't get anything done, but it was cold and I was figuring out how to be a mom so I don't feel that bad. So far so good: it's only 9:40 and we got up, had bkfast, I did a pilates video, we went for a walk, and now Evan's down for his morning nap. I'm also going to the mom's group today. Of course I have to fit looking for a job into that schedule...If anyone hears of a good 20hr/wk social work position pass it along...

On other fronts, tomorrow is mine and Jeff's 3 year anniversary. We already went out to celebrate on Friday. Our friend Shayna came to watch Evan and we went to the Scholars Inn and then over to Borders to recreate our first date. As we walked around the store and went to the same places we had gone that first night, I kept thinking about how different we are now...but how we've changed together. You know how first dates go, you want to impress the other one and you're not quite yourself because you're nervous and maybe a little guarded...But on this date we talked about our life together, Evan, the things we love about each other, our future, and we just "were." It was nice. Jeff's done a great job of making this anniversary special. Three years isn't that monumental I guess, but this is our first anniversary married with child and if you don't take time to relish the "married" you can get lost in the "with child."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey--thanks for puttnig a big picture of me on the blog (you know how I love THAT! ;-)

I was glad to be able to get some time away on a real date. Rest assured it will be the first of many!

Lauren Stahl said...

I LOVE Scholars Inn, yum! Congrats on your anniversary and on being so ambitious by getting so much done and so early!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary tomorrow! I'm glad you got to celebrate it. Enjoy your time off, i'll keep praying for the job situation! Tell Evan I love him!