Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Life as a stay at home mom...


Yesterday was such a great day. Evan and I got a lot done but also had a lot of fun together. But, today I woke up and thought it must be Thursday. Monday felt like the equivalent of three days, it was a lot of fun, but looking back on it - the day was pretty long. This morning I found myself wondering, "so, what do we do today...we did it all yesterday." It's moments like that where I think I'm probably not cut out to stay home full time. I really struggle with that because part of me feels like that's what I should want. So, I'll have moments when I think "why don't I just stay home?" Then a while later I remember that if I was honest with myself, I don't think that's actually what I want. I really think that working a couple days/week is the best balance for me. Anyway, get used to daily posts...you might get a lot of these this summer. Oh, and isn't my son a genius - he's already reading, ok, so he's probably not a genius but he is super cute!

2 comments:

Maya said...

I struggle with this too...I'm not sure that internal battle will ever go away unfortunately!

Lauren Stahl said...

Once you develop a routine time goes by much quicker, at least for me. But then again I have two so it takes me longer to get things done, but by the time we have had breakfast and gone for our walk it is almost lunch time and then fingers crossed afternoon nap time!