Monday, June 11, 2007

Time Bomb

Today has been a rollercoaster ride. We started the day being super excited about placing an offer on this house we really like. While we were trying to get everything ready to make the offer, a repairman came to fix our AC . Even though we didn't want to part with the $, it was nice to get cool air circulating again! We got good news from our realtor about the status of the home and our house was cooling off - yeah! But then came the drop: Our AC turned out to not really be fixed and as the afternoon went on it got hotter an hotter in here. Of couse I didn't notice because I was too busy providing Evan my full attention all the time - I think he's hit separation anxiety, but it does have one positive, he gives me lots of sweet hugs! Anyway, then we got bad news from our realtor - the home is actually bank owned and they don't entertain contingency offers, so unless we sell our condo soon we might lose the chance to make an offer on this house. And to top all this off, I got the new adjustable rate letter from my mortgage company saying that our payment will go up $60 as of August's payment. Until now I've "won" the adjustable rate game, but not if we stay past August.

I guess that the repair guy will come back and hopefully fix the AC for real this time and as far as the house is concerned: what will be will be. We've been praying a lot about this whole process and I know that we'll end up in the house God wants us to have. Maybe it's this one, and maybe it's not..."but God, have you seen that yard..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interest rates keep going up as well! they're making the way toward 7%! So, the quicker you can lock in at 6.125 or close to it, the better. i'll keep praying that the right people will look at your condo.