Sunday, July 29, 2007

Attempting to Read

When I was home on maternity leave I read all kinds of books, but this summer I've come up considerably short in literary achievement. There are several reasons for this deficit. Evan's naps although fewer, are also longer, which gives me the possibility of getting in a decent nap myself. Those of you who know me well, know that sleep is major priority of mine. I've also recently taken up two hobbies that interfere with my reading time: blogging and X-box Settlers. If I'm not browsing the world wide web of blogs for "research," then I'm enticed to play the video game version of Settlers of Catan (yeah, it can get dorkier!)

We went to Borders this weekend and I picked up two books that I'm excited to read: Wicked and The Big Over Easy. I've heard so many people rave about the musical, Wicked. I'm hoping to read the book before it eventually comes to Indianapolis. The other book, The Big Over Easy, is sort of a "mock-mystery." It's the beginning of a series based on popular nursery rhymes, this one is about the murder of Humpty Dumpty. Here's a line from the description to give you a better idea..."He's investigating the murder of ovoid D-class nursery celebrity Humpty Dumpty, ex-convict and lover of women, found shattered to death beneath a wall in a shabby area of town..." It sounds smart, funny, and probably a quick read.

I've included links to Amazon if you're interested in either book...

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I really need to make more time to read too. You'll have to let me know how those books are. They sound good!

Lauren Stahl said...

Maybe I can borrow Wicked when you are done? I have a small library myself...maybe we can do some trades...or start a book club?!

Maya said...

Just started reading Wicked on our vacation...but Harry Potter has taken over now. Ha!

Anonymous said...

those both sound good, i'll have to check them out