Friday, July 27, 2007

Weekends

There's this stigma attached to "working for the weekend," as if it means you aren't dedicated to being good at your job. Well, I'm not even working right now, and I still "work for the weekend." I have the best job ever, for one more week, but I can't wait for Fridays to come because then Jeff is home with us too.

At least once every few months I say (mostly jokingly) to Jeff, "can't we just quit our jobs and live on the beach somewhere?" Of course, I would miss the comforts of home and probably be burnt to a crisp within a few days, but the idea is nice...Being able to spend every day enjoying life together without the stress and preoccupation of our jobs.

This is what the weekend offers us...2 days of uninterrupted time with the people we love and the commitments we've chosen to make. I know that jobs are a necessary part of life, (unless you're independently wealthy...wouldn't that be nice) but so are weekends!

Maybe Europe instead of the beach...

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I totally agree! We definitely work for the weekends here! I am trying to work on not wishing away the weekdays, but the weekends are much more fun :)

Anonymous said...

Triangle ABC! Triange 123! Count to 3 and it's a triangle!

Anonymous said...

what's a weekend?