Monday, September 10, 2007

Down to Two

I think that Evan is close to giving up his night bottle, which would mean he'd be down to only two bottles per day. I'm glad to be spending less on formula and less time cleaning and making bottles, but I'm also sad for some reason.

I was so upset when breastfeeding didn't work for us - I was really disappointed and felt like I had failed him. But of course, bottles do have their perks and we made the best of it. I've really tried to maintain some of the closeness we would have had in breastfeeding. I hold him close and since he holds the bottle himself, it frees my hands up to massage him. I kiss him more than he probably cares for and I enjoy that time whiles he's still content to rest in my arms.

I hadn't thought that much about how we would feel when he's weaned. I guess I didn't realize how significant those times really are for us!

3 comments:

Pam said...

This time is so precious. You and Jeff are doing a great job. Love you guys! :)

Lauren Stahl said...

Snuggle up and get some good books in...maybe that will make up for the bottle time? I don't know what I will do when the girls are done...about 5 more weeks of the BF, but hopefully they will still snuggle!

Maya said...

Oh I don't even want to think about Zane stopping this!