Monday, September 17, 2007

We went to Evansville this weekend to visit Jeff's family. We hadn't been since February! I'm always amazed by how much you need to pack for a baby...high chair, pack-n-play, food, bottles, diapers, books, toys, and clothes for every occasion and temperature. Evan had a lot of fun seeing his cousins and he did great with the change in routine. He even took a 3 hour nap on Saturday!

His Grandma got him his first Leap Frog toy and he loves to carry it around - luckily it has a low volume setting. Evan's getting better by the day at stacking and nesting toys. It's so cool to watch him figure things out. His coordination still needs some work but he's slowly getting the hang of those toys. His favorite are the mega lego blocks.

Evan also continues to get better at walking. Every day he takes a few more steps. Last night he took five in a row! He's going to be a toddler in no time. There are so many times in my day when I'm overcome by my love for him...can't he stay this small for a little longer?

I'm loving this weather, but we realized we didn't have many warm clothes for Evan. I went to Target the other day and they have the cutest sweaters and polo shirts...he looks so grown up in his jeans and hoodies - I can't wait to put him in a sweater! Really though, what is up with it being 50 degrees in the morning and 90 degrees in the afternoon...I could do without that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks so big in the first picture! His legs look really long from that angle!! I bet he'll look so cute in a sweater outfit. The temp. has been crazy. It's supposed to be hot again the rest of the week....probably will turn air conditioner back on which i hate to do.

Maya said...

Those pictures are so cute! Aren't you thankful for that low volume setting? Pat's mom got Leap Frog for Zane too and I'm glad to only hear the Spanish in low volume!

Evan's growing soo much! And getting even cutier too!