Thursday, December 13, 2007

Coming to you live from my lunch break...

For some reason, Blogspot isn't being filtered at work this week. So, I'm taking this opportunity to get some quality blogging done while I partake in the nacho portion of my school's two week festival of food. There's something about schools and food at the holidays. Every school I've worked in has made sure I started my holiday weight gain off early, but I'm not complaining!

There are a few house updates. We have our inspection this Saturday and will be closing on December 28th. We're really excited for the inspection because we'll have an extended time in the house to take measurements, cross reference paint swatches, and to just explore the options. We're hoping to be moved in by mid-January, but there are a few improvements we'd like to make before moving. We can't wait to get our keys so we can get started!

I've been thinking a lot lately about what it means to be a working mom. I've been fortunate to have the best of both worlds by being part time and working a school schedule, but I'm not sure how I'll feel when we have our second child. The school I work in now is very working-class and I hear a lot of my students talk about being in daycare till 6 or 7 at night. My school starts at 8:00 and there are several kids waiting outside the building because their parents had to drop them off on their way to work. I know that those parents are doing the best they can to provide for their children, but I can't imagine how hard it is for them to be away from their children that much every day. It's moments like those that I'm reminded of how blessed we really are.

This was a pretty scattered post, as most of them are, but it was nice to take a break out of my day to share. I've also included some pictures I took of Evan the other day. I had an outfit laying out on our bed and he was attempting to "wear" every article of clothing. You can't label that as cross-dressing yet, right? :-)


3 comments:

Kelly said...

How exciting that you'll be closing so soon!

Griffin loves to "cross dress" too! Cute pics!

Lauren Stahl said...

Good Luck at the inspection and let me know once you close if you need to drop Evan off on your way to work on the house.

Anonymous said...

Evan is so funny, that is what I got from your blog :) ! Seth and Luke put on all of my dance costumes one day, now that might be cross dressing, ha!