Thursday, January 03, 2008

The In-Betweens



Here are a few "in between" pictures of the progress. After pictures should be coming soon. I could have taken them this afternoon, but my camera was out of juice. There are still a few finishing touches needed and a few things will have to wait until we move in, but the majority is done. What you can't see in these pictures are the new colors for our den and dining room. They just went up today and they look so great! A lot got done today and last night, so those pictures will be posted later. Take note of our living room curtains - they've been my big project. My mom got them at a garage sale, but they were way too long. I don't know how to sew, but we used an iron-on hem and it worked out really well. (Thanks Katherine!) I know I didn't technically make them, but it's the closest I've come to sewing so I'm really proud of them!

We actually spent our first night at the house last night. We were there late working so we decided to go camping style and get out the air mattress. We've learned one major thing about upgrading to a larger home - you won't be as warm as you're used to unless you're willing to pay for it. If you have any tips for warmth + energy efficiency, please pass them along!

The funny thing is that we've been so wrapped up in getting our house ready, we've sort of overlooked the need to pack. I believe it's going to be another late night...

No comments: