Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Replacement Television

In the wake of the writers' strike, there's been very little to watch on television these days. Jeff and I aren't big reality tv fans and that's basically all the tube has to offer right now. We do watch a lot of shows on HGTV and one day saw a preview for Jon & Kate plus 8 on TLC. We immediately sympathized with their life. Maybe it had been one of those rough toddler days, as if anything we ever experience with one could come remotely close to having 8, but we decided to check it out. I think it's become one of my favorite shows. Granted, it has little competition at the moment, but it's a lot of fun, they seem really genuine, and it really puts our own life into perspective!

We also stumbled across the new Terminator show on Sunday. We may have been so depressed over the devestating loss (which we won't speak of) that we were willing to watch anything, but it was actually pretty good. I guess it might be considered a "scab" show, and I said I would show writer support and solidarity by not watching those, but come on! Settle this thing already - I need entertainment (and Heroes!!)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I love Jon and Kate Plus 8!! Definitely makes my crazy days seem less crazy ;) Mike ended up watching the new Terminator show for the same reasons.

Lauren Stahl said...

I watch Jon & Kate plus 8 as well. I also have started watching Medium and Cashmere Mafia...both not bad! I agree though they need to settle this strike and soon.

morgan said...

you could just not watch tv, or do like i do & watch Felicity season 1 on dvd! :)