Friday, February 22, 2008

Get Thee To A Stylist

You know how they say you shouldn't go to the grocery store hungry, because you'll end up buying all kinds of crazy stuff that's not on your list...Well, I think the same reasoning applies for going to the salon when you're sick of your hair. I'm definitely ready for a change, and I've been contemplating all my options. Luckily my hair affords me some flexibility - even if I hate it, I know it will grow back in no time. On the other hand, my hair grows so fast
that it becomes really difficult to
maintain a cute style.

I like my long hair, but I can have long hair any time - I only get to the salon once a year - I should make it count! I'll probably go shoulder length and maybe get some fun layers or something. Any other ideas...

Another change is on my hair's horizon - it's time to start coloring. I've always wanted to go gray naturally and I still do, but I need something to tide me over in the meantime. I keep finding all of these stray gray hairs that drive me crazy. Monday is the day for both happenings, I'll post an after picture.

Just realizing that if I did labels for my posts, I'd have way too many about my hair...oops...I'll try to find something more interesting in my life to write about next time...

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I think shoulder length with layers would look great, although I love your hair long too. I really want to do something different with mine too. Post pics of yours, maybe you'll inspire me! Unfortunately I need to cover up my gray too. I don't want to pay for it though. Can't wait to see pics!

morgan said...

i think you should do whatever you want essentially, but it might look super cute to cut to where it about falls onto your collarbone or a little shorter and have it be shorter in the back & angle down in the front. i think it would look good curly or straight that way. and have her thin it out a wicked bunch so that the style will last longer. w/ color, keep darker shades underneath w/ some lowlights on top and maybe some red mixed in for kicks. you want me to do it?! :)

VerWaynia said...

To Morgan: Uh, no...I had enough of your coloring to last me a life time!

Maya said...

I can't believe how long your hair is!!! You have to take a before and after shot for us!