Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Summer is coming!

Not counting today, I have only 11 (work) days left until summer break (spoken with giddy excitement.) My husband would say, "why would anyone working only three days/week have to countdown the days?" But, I'm pretty sure that having 10 straight weeks off is a cause for celebration, regardless of how much you work.

I know that I have a great set up at my job, but I'm still looking forward to all the time at home with Evan. I can't wait to go to the park, go on picnics, go to the pool, plant a garden, take walks, have playdates, etc. Plus, on days that I'm home I tend to sleep in a little later, which is reason enough for me to celebrate!

The one thing I will definitely miss is the freedom to run to Target or the grocery store before picking up Evan. In my opinion, besides the extra income, that's the biggest perk of being a working mom. Knowing I could be picking Evan up early, I used to get mom-guilt while trying on clothes at Target. But, now that the weather has gotten nicer, I know that he's outside playing with his friends, so I take my time. There's just something about being able to get out of my car and go into a store by myself - I think I took that basic freedom for granted before having Evan! Not to say I don't enjoy shopping with Evan sometimes, because we do that on my off days too, but it's not quite the same!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Yay for summer coming soon! The freedom used to be one of my favorite things about being a working mom too :)