Friday, June 06, 2008

6 months in the making

I just finished a book that I've been reading for probably at least 6 months. That means a couple of things. 1) Life has been really busy these last 6 months and 2) I never really "got into" this book.

I'm one of those readers that just has to finish a book once I'm invested. If it's good, I can't lay it down until it's finished. I don't know what happened with this one. It was good, but maybe a little on the slow side. I'd write a summary, but I'm honestly not entirely sure what it was about. I will say that it was interesting. It had a lot of Pacific Northwest history, some of which may have been fabricated and most of which I didn't really understand the relevance for. The book definitely perfected the balance between disturbing and comical. Overall, I guess I'd recommend it for no other reason than to add some spice to your reading life.

No comments: