Thursday, August 14, 2008

Week-in-review

I've almost survived my first week back to work, and I'm reminded of how short these three days really are. This is me being optimistic, are you buying it? Besides feeling pretty tired after losing my extra 45 minutes of sleep each day, it's been a good three days. To top it off, I'm going to Target after work to enjoy a liesurely stroll.

Evan did much better than I expected with his return to daycare. He cried a little when Jeff dropped him off, but then he headed straight for the toys. My Mom watches him on Tuesdays, and he was so excited to see "GaGa" this week, that he barely noticed we left. So much for his short stint as a mama's boy!

Evan's breathing treatments are coming to a close, and he seems to be doing fine with each treatment we drop, so that's been a relief. We still won't know if he really has asthma until he has another attack, but in the meantime, I suppose I should start working on all of those dust mites in our house.

We've had a couple of success stories this week. We've installed a cat door, and I'm beginning a weekly aerobics/toning class with my friend, Lauren. The cat door was a major ordeal, but Jeff perservered, and now we no longer have cat food or litter in our house - hallelujah! Elliott can come and go from the garage, where her stink will forever remain! And, I've put aside the mom guilt of being gone in the evening, so that I can keep up what I started with the stroller class. Our first class is tonight, and since it's been a week since my last squat, I'm expecting some pain.

So, there's our week-in-review, I'll try to make the next post more interesting.

2 comments:

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

Good for the easy transition. I know how hard changes in the schedule can be on the wee ones.

morgan said...

i'm glad this week has been good for you. I'm jealous of the cat door...i would love to have one, but we'd have to put one in two doors or leave one of them open...probably not going to happen