Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Has it really been three days? - Part 1

For those of you avid bloggers, do you ever feel like you've gotten so far behind in your blogging that to sit down and write a post feels overwhelming? That's how I'm feeling right now. I should be heading to bed, but I just have to get this post written. Not that I could sleep anyway. My wonderful husband brought me home a jug of McAlister's sweet tea that was left over from a work lunch. Between my complete lack of self control in the face of sweet tea and this morning's coffee, I might be up all night! So, let's get to blogging...

It was a weekend full of Evan-centric activities, and of course, tons of picture taking opportunities. I've been really busy though, so I'm just now getting a chance to pass along all of the fun and excitement that is the token apple orchard/pumpkin patch/pumpkin carving activity. I believe it's a prerequisite for all toddlers in the Fall, but it's one that I enjoy!

We decided to go to the orchard on what should have been a cool October afternoon, but it turned out to be hot and sweaty, or maybe that was just us after chasing Evan through rows and rows of apple trees. You'd have thought he'd never seen the outdoors! He loved those apples, though, and amazingly he started catching on to which ones weren't rotten. While we were busy combing the trees for good apples, he was busy checking the ground. He picked up a lot of apples that I wouldn't even touch, but after awhile, he started bringing us apples that were perfect, straight off the ground. We actually put a couple of them in the bag.

The highlight was most definitely the "pump pat." It was all he could talk about, and when it was time to go, we had to drag him away crying. Personally, I thought the highlight was the apple slush and elephant ear combo...mmm mmm! It was a fun afternoon and even though it was hot, we all had a great time picking "app apps" and choosing our "pumps!"

Next up - carving...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like he had fun! He's getting so big!

My highlight of the pumpkin patch was definitely the elephant ear too! Yum!

wendy said...

Those are absolutely PRECIOUS pictures...and I know how you feel about feeling behind in blogging! :)

I love trips to the pumpkin patch! Gotta find one here!