Monday, December 08, 2008

Scattered

I've barely started our Christmas shopping! But, probably like a lot of people, we're downsizing our Christmas this year, so hopefully I'm not as behind as I think. Every year, Jeff and I take a Friday off from work to do our Christmas shopping, and we make a day of it. Even since having Evan, we've honored this tradition by getting a babysitter on that day.

Since we have a lot of shopping ground to cover this year, we've exchanged one of our daycare days for a Friday and we're going to the one place where you can find just about anything, afford just about anything, and enjoy every minute of it...IKEA! And yes, this will be our third trip in six months! So, if you're on our shopping list, let's hope we can find your gift at IKEA!

I'm still having a hard time even believing it's December, although the snow seems to be a constant reminder. I feel like I just started the school year and now it's half over!

In other news, Evan's speech therapist says he's now in at least the 50th percentile for language development. When I filled out his most recent vocabulary inventory, I couldn't believe how many bubbles I had to darken. He's talking in sentences, but sometimes Jeff and I are the only ones who can understand them. He'll be reevaluated in February, and I hope they'll find some way of continuing his speech therapy, but if not, at least he's had this year to strengthen those skills - boys need all the advantage they can get!

I'll leave you with one of our most recent "Oh My!" Evan moments, which unfortunately, I only took a cell phone picture of...We don't have time on Wednesdays to sit down and eat dinner together, because we have Bible study that night. So, last Wednesday, Evan was eating his dinner while I was getting things ready. He loves cottage cheese, and was enjoying a hefty portion, when he said, "wash the hair?" I turned around too late to find him literally washing his hair with a big handful of cottage cheese. What is it with this boy and rubbing things in his hair? I can only imagine what's next!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Good, I am glad we are not the only ones with "that" kind of story!

I am going to have to try some of your recipes because I am trying to cook a little more often. Do you have any favorites from your list? I hope the Christmas shopping goes well and I hope Jeff isn't too swamped at work!