Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The house is quiet.

I'm sitting at the computer listening to the sounds of a very quiet house. My work schedule is a little different today and I don't have anywhere to be until 10:00. Jeff was kind enough to still take Evan to daycare this morning, so I'm enjoying a couple hours of solitude. It will mostly be spent exercising and getting ready, but still.

It's strange how foreign an empty house is to the mom of a toddler. My being home without Evan is very rare. In fact, it's probably only happened a few times. The quiet is nice, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him and his antics, even after just 10 minutes.

Of course, this is good practice for the weekend, which is only two days away! I love him, and I'll miss him, but Jeff and I are very much looking forward to the time away!

No comments: