Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I took the day off

I realized something the other day, Moms and Dads rarely get a day off. Sure, we may get time off from work now and again, but it's usually spent doing our real jobs, Mothering and Fathering.

This month we paid for a daycare day we didn't use, and since I needed to schedule my vertigo treatment, I asked her if we could trade that day for today so I could do that. But, because I have friends in high places (thank you,) I was able to get it taken care of much sooner. I found myself faced with a dilemma...should I keep him home since I didn't have the appointment anymore, or go ahead and send him and take the day off?

After short deliberation with my "Mom guilt," I decided to take the day off. Jeff took him to daycare this morning and I lounged around, worked out, went shopping, grabbed lunch, got things done, and even read a little. It was awesome!

I picked up Evan, totally refreshed!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Good for you! I think every mom needs a day off from time to time. It's good for everyone in the family! I must say, I'm a little envious. :-) I get a couple hours from time to time, but a WHOLE day?? Woo Hoo! I'm glad you enjoyed it.