Thursday, May 13, 2010

37 Weeks

Things have been busy over here in VerWaynia. Last weekend was Mother's Day and date night. Jeff also found time to mulch. We have our mulch delivered, and every year they bring us twice the amount we order (or pay for.) Normally we would be thrilled at the idea of getting stuff for free, but that's seriously a LOT of mulch. We've been giving it away ever since and we're just starting to make a dent!

Mother's Day was great as usual. On my birthday weekend, Jeff and Evan made me a fantastic French toast breakfast. On this occasion they went a different, but just as enjoyable, route. They let me sleep while they went to get us McDonalds for breakfast. There's nothing quite like waking up to a Sausage McMuffin :-)

We also went on our last date night before Aida arrives. Officially, it was Jeff's birthday date. We went shopping, ate at Stir Crazy and saw Iron Man 2. As the babysitter was leaving, I got a little sad knowing that we didn't have anything scheduled for next month. But, we did talk about having her come a few times this summer to watch Evan while Jeff and I go out with baby, and that made me feel better. I have no idea when we'll feel ready for her to stay with Aida, we'll just have to wait and see. I also carried on a tradition this weekend. The night before we had Evan we went shopping and I bought myself a new non-maternity sweater, so I'd have something to look forward to wearing. So, I kept it going, and bought myself a new shirt. I'm so tired of maternity clothes, and I can't wait to wear it!

Yesterday was Jeff's birthday. I baked him his requested Red Velvet Cake. All from scratch. I even followed all the rules. I think it's the first time I've ever sifted flour, I usually skip that part. This weekend I'll give him his chance to sleep in! Happy Birthday Jeff!

And then there's being pregnant. I had my 37 week appointment yesterday, and I'm still only one centimeter dilated. Aida seems to be doing things her own way. I was already 3 centimeters at this point with Evan, but I was also overdue, so I'm not complaining about the lack of progress. My Doctor has mentioned inducing at 39 weeks, but I'm going to try again to do this naturally, so I'm going to wait it out. In the meantime, I'm almost 10 months pregnant and just as uncomfortable as that sounds! Only 2 and a half more weeks!

No comments: