Tuesday, June 01, 2010

My First Born

This morning we ate our last breakfast as a family of three. I was awake for a couple of hours this morning, after one of my many trips to the bathroom, contemplating that reality. As much as we would have LOVED to have had and brought Aida home by now, that wasn't in God's plan. Another result of that delay is that we have spent a ton of family time together this holiday weekend. Besides all of the chores, this weekend was about quality time with Evan, and it's been great - Kind of like our own grand finale!

This afternoon, Mom will be here to pick up Evan and we won't see him again until we've added little Aida to our family. I am so excited to meet her and be her Mom, but this morning I was also sad that Evan would no longer be the sole recipient of our attention. In fact, I'm even a little tearful now as I type this. It's all we've known, but all we've known is about to get twice as amazing.

I'm glad we've had these last three days to shower Evan with attention. I love him so much and I'm confident he'll know that even on the days that Aida demands a lot of my attention. He's going to be a great big brother and I'll get to see him grow and mature as he helps us welcome his little sister home.

It won't be long now...we'll be heading to the hospital tomorrow morning for sure. I'm praying for a safe and quick labor! But above all, one that results in us holding our healthy baby girl in our arms!

Much like our breakfast this morning, this is the last blog post from VerWaynia's family of three. The next time you hear from us it will be to announce our new arrival...

1 comment:

Lauren Stahl said...

Good Luck, can't wait to meet her.