Thursday, June 17, 2010

So far so good

Tuesday was our first day home without Jeff. He was home for 2 full weeks and it was so great, but we had to get back to reality some time. I needed to start developing our new routine, but even more than me, Evan really needed to get some structure back in his life! Until Jeff went back to work, we were still being bombarded by huge tantrums, and we couldn't figure it out because Jeff was giving him a ton of positive attention. At some point we realized that even though Evan liked the constant attention, it was just one more thing that wasn't normal. Our suspicions were proven correct on Tuesday. Besides Aida's presence, I tried to make our day as normal as possible. I took Evan to the library for his reading program, which we were even on time for, and followed our pre-Aida schedule as closely as I could. It was our first tantrum free day in two weeks. I guess Evan likes change about as much as I do!

I've been getting us out most days and trying to keep us busy. Life at home with two kids isn't so bad, but life on the go is a lot more crazy, especially since we haven't quite perfected our in-public breast feeding technique. But I'm not going to complain because she's a champ at nursing. She was even back to birth weight at her 1 week appointment. Aida is sleeping well at night, and that definitely helps my ability to multi-task during the day. She goes anywhere from two to six hours between feedings at night. Of course, during the day it's more like every one to three. It's a wonder I get anything else done these days!

Overall, I'm doing well adjusting to life with two, and every day gets easier, so I'm looking forward to a great Summer!

No comments: