Friday, July 02, 2010

Happy One Month Birthday Aida!

Aida turned one month old on Friday. I can't believe that it's already been a month. Breastfeeding is still going really well, and she seems to be gaining plenty of weight, but we'll find out for sure when we go to the doctor today. It's definitely been a different experience for me. I'm much more tied to her than I was to Evan. She's not on a predictable schedule yet, and sometimes when she's fussy, nursing is the only thing that calms her down. That makes it difficult to leave her with Jeff even for an hour. But, every day gets easier, and I've started to pump occasionally, so hopefully that will increase my mobility!

She falls asleep later than we would like, but most nights we get a 5 or 6 hour stretch of sleep, and I'm happy with that. Honestly, I really don't feel that tired during the day. I definitely don't think I feel as tired as when I was pregnant. I guess it's what you get used to. She's started to coo some and we've even gotten a few smiles this weekend. It's really nice to be able to interact with her more.

Evan has been really great with her, but I think he's still adjusting to all of the changes around here. We definitely see way more attitude and defiance from him than we're used to, but we're trying to pick our battles and stay consistent. Hopefully this is a stage that passes soon! In the meantime, we've settled in to our Summer routine. Mondays and Fridays we have play dates or make trips to the pool. Tuesdays he goes to a reading program at the library. Thursdays he has gymnastics/tumbling, which we decided to instead of soccer for one more Summer. And on Wednesdays either myself or Grandma take him to the free movies at our local theater. In two weeks I go for my 6 week check up, and after that I'll have to figure out a way to work exercise into that schedule. I've lost almost all of my baby weight and have been wearing my regular clothes for awhile now, but I need to get my tone back!

We've been loving this long holiday weekend! We didn't make plans, really. We wanted to spend the time relaxing as much possible. However, we did manage to fit in a few fun things. For instance, Jeff, Aida, and I went to see Twilight Saga: Eclipse! I know, it was a little crazy to take her with us, but we took her to Toy Story, and I bring her to the free movies, so I figured it was worth a shot. She did really well, and with Jeff's help, I didn't have to miss any of the movie! Jeff was desperate for a trip to the movies (we already miss our date nights,) so he didn't mind going with me. I loved the movie! Not as much as the book, it's my favorite in the series, but I think they did a great job!

And yesterday we went to our neighborhood's 4th of July parade. It's a really great thing they do for the kids. A firetruck comes over and leads all the kids on their decorated bikes, wagons, and strollers down one of the main roads. After the parade, the firemen let the kids take turns spraying (and being sprayed by) the fire hose. Evan had a blast! Although, I don't think he heard the rule about staying behind the fire truck. Apparently, he thought it was a race and was excited to be beating all of the older kids. I had to run and catch him before he passed the truck! And, being mother of the year, I forgot to bring his helmet. I didn't think they'd be going that fast, so it never dawned on me that he'd need it. We considered going to see fireworks, but didn't. The evenings are Aida's fussy time, and it just didn't seem worth all of the effort. Maybe next year.


I really need to start taking more pictures, and blogging more! One thing at time...Right now, I'm going to enjoy my extra day of Jeff being home!

No comments: