Friday, May 20, 2011

He's still got it

I asked Evan to come smile for the camera and these were a few of the 100 different poses he gave me. He was moving so fast and my camera settings and position in relation to the sun were clearly askew, but I'm posting them anyway, because he was being pretty cute. He was doing this funny catwalk montage thing in his own little boy style...jumping around and growling at the camera...I was cracking up.

As is clear from these pictures, Evan is in need of a haircut (what else is new,) and I'm strongly considering a buzz for Summer. We've never cut his hair that short, but it grows so fast and is crazy thick. A buzz might be a little drastic, but it's definitely got to get a lot shorter for the Summer!

Speaking of Summer, Evan has one more week of preschool to finish out his first year. It's been fun watching him learn so much. He can practically count to 100, he's memorized 12 Bible verses, he knows all of his letter sounds, and I've even caught him trying to sound out words. His teacher says that when it comes to learning, he's very focused and on-task, which I'm thankful for! Of course, he does struggle with transitions and some of the social aspects of school, but I think that will continue to get better with maturity. And that's the whole reason we wanted to do 2 years of preschool in the first place. He loves school and I know he'll miss his friends over the Summer. But Summer gives us a chance to get back to regular play dates and fun activities. Although Aida's morning nap is conflicting with many of the activities I'd like to plan, so we'll see how that works out.

Evan continues to be a loving big Brother, and is learning how to share and play with Aida. It's a lot of fun watching them "play" together, even though I need to referee sometimes. I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of that this Summer!



No comments: