Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Interlude


Yesterday Aida had surgery to fix her blocked tear duct. Everything went really well and I think the worst part was that she wasn't able to eat or nurse when she woke up in the morning. We checked in at 6:30, she went back at 7:30 and I swear that we had barely sat down when they came to tell us she was done. The procedure was less than 10 minutes. I nursed her in recovery and then they let us go home. We were home by 8:30, she went right to sleep, and when she woke up she was back to normal. Overall it was pretty painless, except for when they carried her away. The doctor picked her up and carried her down the hallway and I definitely had tears in my eyes as I watched her go. But, we huddled up and said a prayer for her and the doctor and by then it was practically over. I keep saying that I'm not sure what I will do with all of my time now that I don't have to constantly wipe out her eye. I'm glad it's fixed, it must have been annoying for her too, and now there will be nothing obstructing the view of her beautiful eyes!

No comments: