Monday, December 12, 2011

So Much

November was so busy and a tad overwhelming, hence the only one blog entry in 6 weeks. We had Evan's birthday, Thanksgiving, my work schedule changed, and the heaviest...My Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. November was an emotional roller coaster, full of questions and unkowns, and prayer, lots of prayer. I'm not going to go in to much detail on here because it's not exactly my story to tell. But I am in the fight, and that's what we're doing. Praying and fighting. Things could look better, but they could also look a lot worse. God is the Lord of our lives, no matter what the situation, and I know that Mom believes and lives into that truth!

My moving down to 2 days per week was a little stressful at first because Mom isn't able to watch the kids while she is being treated. Our plans had to be changed, but it has been such a blessing. Not only have I loved being home more with the kids, but I also wouldn't have had a way for Evan to get to preschool on Wednesdays if I hadn't dropped that day. So far I'm loving the new schedule, and I know Aida appreciates the extra time with Mommy. Three days away were a little much for her I think.

Speaking of Aida, she turned 18 months old this month and she really outdid herself at her check-up. She now weighs 31 pounds and is 33 inches tall, which is almost exactly what Evan's stats were when he was 18 months old, so she's finally caught up. She looks like a 3 year old and she's definitely sturdy, but when I look at her I still just see a baby :-) She's talking so much now, that I can't even count how many words she says. She's so sweet and cuddly and I love her so much that sometimes my heart feels like it might explode when I look at her.

Evan is gearing up for his Christmas party at school and we went to his Christmas program last week. He did such a good job - I took some video on my phone that I might try to get on here soon. We were really proud of him. He's growing up so fast - only one more semester of preschool! He's really excited about Christmas and it's infectious - we can't wait!

No comments: