Sunday, September 17, 2006

Baby 101


Jeff: So we had our all day baby class yesterday ...
Jeanelle: And now we're totally ready to have this baby, right? Maybe not, but we did learn alot, like ...
Jeff: how to be Jeanelle's personal masseuse and how to be unavailable when it's time for my son's circumcision.
Jeanelle: One of my favorite parts was when our instructor made some of the men wear the "empathy belly," she even had them wear a tight strip around their chest so they could feel what it's like not to be able to breathe.
Jeff: I already feel like I have a tight strap around my chest (asthma) and have a large stomach, so I didn't need the empathy belly :-)
Jeanelle: On a more serious note, I think I was the only person in the class that wants to try natural childbirth and I feel that besides all of the pain we were reminded of, I feel pretty good about that decision. I really like the idea of being able to walk around the maternity floor and try out the cool tubs they have in the room and just focus on Jeff's support during that time! Of course, time will tell, but I was reminded of why I've made that decision.
Jeff: It was definitely a lot of stuff to take in, luckily for me I've been on a strict diet of TLC baby shows and lots of book reading. I'm sure when it's go time, my paternal instincts will kick in.
Jeanelle: There will be much more to update you all on - I have my 32 week doctor's appt tomorrow, three consecutive weeks of baby showers, and Jeff and I have two more classes to take - one on infant care (because we're clueless) and one on breastfeeding. Included in this entry is my 32 week belly picture! That's it - Jeff is missing valuable football highlight time!

No comments: