Monday, August 20, 2007

Humility

Evan is still diarrhea ridden. He woke up once last night with a dirty diaper. This morning when he got up it was dirty, and since then he's had about three small #2's. It seemed to be getting better this morning, but now I'm not so sure. The doctor gave us a few remedies to try. There's a specific formula for diarrhea he wants us to use and he said to feed him the Braty diet: bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, and yogurt. Good news is that he still doesn't seem to have any sick symptoms, but his rash looks pretty painful (thanks for the tip Maya!)

Today I had some errands to run so we headed out hoping to beat his next BM. Of course, that didn't happen and I had to change his diaper at Old Navy. Plus, I had forgotten to check his diaper supply before we left - he only had one regular diaper and a swimming diaper in his bag. Not smart to leave the house without stocking up on diapers when you have a baby with diarrhea! As I was changing him, the tab on his regular diaper broke - what are the chances, right - so, I had to use his swim diaper. Then as I was trying to get his shorts on, they fell on the floor of the bathroom - next to the toilet, yuck! I had to leave Old Navy carrying my baby with no pants on and wearing a swimming diaper. I felt like Brittany Spears!

Before Old Navy, Evan and I had gone to lunch. I found myself sitting there thinking very smug thoughts about how far I've come as a mom. There was a dad there with two young kids and I thought he looked so frazzled. I thought about how I must look so much more relaxed and organized compared to him...Wow, does God have a sense of humor!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ha ha! Last week I forgot a diaper for Griffin and had to sqeeze him into one of the baby's. I hope Evan gets better soon!