Monday, December 31, 2007

Insomnia and The Sabbath

When I was pregnant, I'd go through stages where I couldn't sleep - mainly because of discomfort and anticipation. I'm typically a great sleeper, so it was really frustrating for me. Lately, with all of this house stuff, I'm back to having a lot of trouble sleeping. The night before closing I was awake for about 4 hours and since then, I'm lucky if I sleep till 5:00. Don't worry, it's not so bad that I'll be starting a Fight Club anytime soon, but I'll be glad when everything is settled and I can rest easy again.

We had talked about skipping church yesterday to work on the house, but there was a special prayer for a couple in our church and we wanted to be there (Cory and Laurie, you're on our hearts and in our prayers.) For the most part, we did end up adhering to the Sabbath. We accomplished a few things, but realized it was our first moment alone in our new house. We walked from room to room enjoying our space and talking about all the things we hope to do eventually to make it really cool. It was a needed day of rest and reflection.

1 comment:

morgan said...

try nyquil....it's helped me many times! i'm not supposed to have it, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?! :) see ya later