Thursday, May 29, 2008

We'll be having no more of that

You know how rewarding it is as a parent, when you get somewhere to pick up your child and their face lights up and they run to you with open arms? Yeah, that's great...what's that like again?

These days when I pick up Evan from daycare, they're playing outside, and as soon as he sees me, he runs the other way. I usually end up having to carry him to the car in full tantrum mode. Talk about affirming! But hey, at least on rainy days I get that warm welcome.

To be fair, she does have a kick butt yard with all of the toddler favorites - including, a huge sandbox full of "trucks!" I have come up with two solutions to this problem. 1) It's summer, so he won't be going to daycare anymore and 2) We're buying him a sandbox, like the suckers we are. I'm currently negotiating a very fair price for one on Craigslist.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to make sure it has a cover. Cats use them as litter boxes. UGH

morgan said...

and if it's used, make sure you really disinfect it well. you never know.....

Burgh Baby said...

I HATE when the kid acts like I don't matter when I'm picking her up from daycare. The world should stop for me. When it doesn't, it's a slap in the face.

Good luck with the sandbox negotiations!