Tuesday, June 10, 2008

SAHM

Today's one of those days that I'm not especially fond of being a summer stay at home mom. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the fact that I had a four day weekend with Jeff and most of it was spent childless, but I need to snap out of it.

I don't want to do any of it...the playing...the disciplining...the planning of activities, so as not to bore myself or Evan...none of it. I just want to lay on the couch and read my book. I made myself work out, but that was a feat.

And then just as I forced myself out of my selfish existence to play ring around the rosy, we were laying on the ground and he accidentally pulled a big chunk of my hair out. I had to get up and leave the room, for fear of not being a very good mommy. I was mad at him for something he didn't mean to do and I wanted to scream.

Do you ever have days like that? Where you wish for a moment that no one needed you? That you could sit for five minutes and write a blog post without someone wanting you to read them a book and then doing it because to not would make you feel like an awful, neglectful parent?

Well, I'm having one of those days. It's a funk, probably because something, even if minuscule, has changed and I'm having my usual mutinous response to it. It will be gone tomorrow, thankfully, but in the meantime, I'm bringing out the play-doh. Because, there's little that play-doh can't solve in our toddler world. And just in case I need any reminders, Evan is currently talking to himself in the background in the most adorable way, and I love him!

6 comments:

morgan said...

i think we all get that way w/ anything we have to do everyday even if we love it and enjoy it. i get that way w/ work. even though i love it, there are still days when i'd rather be doing something else. it's human nature

Anonymous said...

I do know how you feel. I doesn't matter when you become a parent early or otherwise you still feel those feelings. But as you know the love weighs out in the long run.

Kelly said...

Yep, I've had plenty of those days. Play-dough does help most things ;)

Holly said...

oh... I am the queen of SAHM funks. I give myself time-outs as well and try really hard to see the good and push away the bad. BUT, we're all normal. It's okay to feel this way and you're definitely not alone....

I get my alone time next week. England and France baby! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm having the same funk this week. I think maybe because my 1 day a week MDO is over? I hope you feel better.

Travis said...

Hair loss is a serious issue that effects many adults. But, you don't have to take it sitting down. Propecia can help. Visit http://www.propecia.com for more information on how you can reverse hair loss caused by small misbehaving children.