Wednesday, September 17, 2008

If it's even possible...

We're sick again, and I hadn't even fully recovered from the last cold. This is the third straight week that one or all of us has had a cold. This time even Jeff joined in. Evan's last cold did end up triggering some breathing problems, so he's been back on the nebulizer this week. He's feeling a little better today, but Monday and Tuesday he was utterly pitiful. And of course, if you're a toddler and you've been sick this long, what do you inevitably get? That's right, an ear infection! I'm taking him to the doctor this afternoon, because I'm pretty sure he's come down with that too.

I've been wanting to pass along a few updates, so to keep this post from becoming a complete whine-fest about being sick again, I'll move on to those...

We're currently without a camera, so the blog may be a little boring over the next few weeks. I had it in my purse to take to the apple orchard (a field trip that we had to cancel on because he's sick,) and Evan's sippy cup, that was also in my purse, leaked all over it. Thank goodness for service plans!

Ellie and her neck are doing much better. I'm happy to report that I've even been petting her on occasion, and plan to clean her litter box tonight.

I'm afraid that our baby tree has not been so lucky. One of the strong storms we've had recently broke it in half. In my denial, I tried to prop it up with rocks, but when that didn't work I cut it down. Supposedly that can be good for this type of tree and they usually grow back stronger, we'll see...

As further evidence of my green thumb's ineptitude, my tomato plant has also seen better days. Luckily, I struck a deal with my mom to trade tomatoes (well, lucky for me anyway,) because I don't think my plant is going to produce a single worthwhile tomato. Which, by the way, is ridiculous! I watered that thing every day and paid it very close attention (more than my cat obviously.) I'm blaming it on the pot, next year I'm going to plant an actual garden, because twenty dead plants are way better than one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will stay away from you guys! Zane and Pat have been throwing up this week...lovely! Do you guys have an extra room so I don't get sick? :)

Holly said...

it's okay, I was all about the whiney train yesterday! hope all is better soon :)