Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Boot #2

Jeff stayed home with Evan today because he's on day 2 of a fever. Grouchiness seems to be his only other symptom, so we're hoping whatever this is will be short-lived. In the meantime, there's Jeff to worry about, because Evan's sick day claimed a casualty.

On the way down the stairs this morning, Jeff tripped and came down on his big toe while it was bent backwards. He was in crazy pain and was sure it was broken, which I, of course, dismissed because that's what I do - hey, it hadn't fallen off! I came home early from work so he could get it checked out, and by then it was swollen and really bruised.

He was right. It's fractured, and the doctor wants him to wear a boot indefinitely while it heals. He'll be getting around on crutches for a while and he's supposed to go see an orthopedic surgeon to make sure the fracture isn't worse than the doctor thinks.

What does this all mean? For starters, I'm going to have to pick up a lot of the slack around here - and I do mean a LOT! Because, to be honest, I am horribly lazy and Jeff does most of the "heavy lifting" in this household. Secondly, I need to work on my nurturing. I was wrong about the broken toe, plus when I had to wear a boot, Jeff was awesome as usual, so I need to step it up! Chicken noodle soup, extra video game time, Mountain Dew breakfast in bed...I'm on it!

2 comments:

morgan said...

aw, sorry jeff! that sounds painful! i hope it's not also in the ankle! let us know if you need anything!

E. P said...

Oh man Jeff, ouch that stinks!!! I hope this doesn't inhibit your ability to bring a face melting solo on Sunday.