Monday, June 15, 2009

Seriously?

Vacation is officially over. It's only 8:30 and we've already had a potty training mishap. Actually, we've had two. First, while Evan was trying to sneak a jelly bean, he dumped the whole bag into the wet sink. Then, only 5 minutes after sitting on the potty and claiming he didn't have to pee, he peed in his underwear. I just don't get it!

I was feeling really optimistic this time around. We found this book at the library about potty training that Evan loves. All vacation it was the only book he wanted to read and he practically had it memorized. I was like, "yes, he's ready, this is going to be a piece of cake!" Wrong! This morning when it was time to put on his underwear, he threw a fit. Since then he's been more agreeable, but it hasn't been the magical "Aha" moment that I was hoping for.

Speaking of, that stupid timer is about to go off. I feel like Bill Murray in that movie, Groundhog Day.

Edited to add: Evan is just now waking up from a 3 1/2 hour nap. I think that's the longest ever. Hmm, I think he might be avoiding potty training!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.